Friday, 1 January 2016

Review of 2015

Happy New Year

Welcome to 2016 - I am going to endeavour to update my blog more often this year and thought I would start by looking back over the last 12 months.

Family

Last year was a very difficult one as my son was diagnosed with another tumour and began his treatment at the end of 2014.  As the New Year of 2015 began, he was in hospital having chemotherapy and we watched the London fireworks from 12 floors up in University College Hospital.

New Year in London as seen from University College Hospital


Chemo :-(

In the summer of 2015, my son had major surgery to remove the tumour from, and reconstruct, his jaw.

Everything went to plan initially, but an infection meant that he needed more surgery last month.  His illness has been very well documented and had huge support via www.gofundme.com/help4steven




Also in the summer, my husband and I celebrated our second anniversary - here we are at a local music festival:

Good times :-D


Places we visited

We spend a lot of time walking and exploring our local area and we also enjoy visiting London whenever we can.  I am a bit of a geek when it comes to transport, including boats, and I love a good picnic - I'm quite easy to please really!

Our most recent trip out we went to Little Venice and, as it's near Paddington Station, I had to go and find the statue of that famous bear as well.

Please look after this bear ...
... Thank you!

Paddington Basin
Little Venice

Things I made

I started the year making papercraft projects as usual, and also making memory wire bracelets (which proved very popular).  However, the last few months have been taken up with my rekindled passion for crochet.

A work in progress but I've run out of yarn :-O

Beanie hat with flower

A present to myself - soooo cosy and warm :-)

Colourful granny squares for a blanket
Thank you for reading my review and I look forward to sharing 2016 with you as it unfolds,
All the best
Marie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments and I will always visit you back as soon as I am able.

Marie-Celine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...