Sunday, 10 January 2016

My first card of 2016 ... and it is an owl

I was given a beautiful owl die for Christmas (thanks Mum and Dad!) and I love it. The owl comes with a leafy flourish.

For this card I cut the owl from some yellow patterned paper and cut two flourishes from green patterned paper.  The green paper actually has large white stars on it and I don't use it very often as I don't like it, but when I cut the flourish from it, I was very pleased with the variation it made.

I used a black Sharpie marker to dot the eyes and then a black line doodle around the edge of the card for balance.


Thank you for reading this post.  I am just having a cup of tea and shall be browsing my reading list to see what my fellow bloggers have been up to this week.  Enjoy your weekend :-)

1 comment:

  1. A lovely make Marie - the die is gorgeous! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments and I will always visit you back as soon as I am able.

Marie-Celine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...