Friday, 6 September 2013

How to use cheap cardstock with promarkers and still get a great result

If you have purchased some lesser quality cardstock and find that your Promarkers (other alcohol pens are available) bleed when you colour onto it, don't despair as you can still use it to your advantage.

These tickets are an example of how:



In both these projects I have stamped the image with Memento and coloured it with Promarkers (you don't need to be too fussy with your colouring either).  The best bit is that to finish you colour the whole area with Satin or Pastel Beige marker which dulls the colours for a vintage look and also blends them.

The sentiment on the second example hasn't stamped very well because I have mislaid all of my acrylic blocks (d'oh!) so I used my finger and pressed a bit hard! It should read "For You".

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab project thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and thanks for sharing
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this technique your tickets look great. Hope you find your stamping blocks, I usuall go through every box and draw don' t find what I have lost then it turns up somewhere completely different!!

    Sylv xx
    Crafty bloggers Network DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments and I will always visit you back as soon as I am able.

Marie-Celine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...